Sonntag, 13. März 2016

IKEA hack of some JOXTORP pendant lights and some pretty SÄTTRA jewels... ;)

Hello Lovelies,
I needed to swap out my old living room lights.
I had these lampion chandeliers for ages now and they don`t look pretty anymore.

They are dirty and ripped, I don`t really know how this did happen...
So it`s time for a change.


I found these JOXTORP lights for a steal.
just for 2,99 and 3,99.
And they are made from cardboard! 
This is the best part for me. ;)


I do like the geometrical shape a lot, the color, hmm, nope, not that much.
And these jewels here, are so pretty too.

For only 4,99.
And this is what you do with them...


Pretty right?
So as I said before, liked the shape of the shades but not the color.


The simplest thing to transform something, is to do what?
Right! Spray paint!



And that is what I did.
I used gold. Inside and out.
 And I love it.


So the only thing now is to construct the pieces the right way 


and you are ready to hang these suckers ;)
 Add the jewels to the cords before the shades and you are ready to go.


Pretty right?


I love them ;)
I think it really adds something to the room!:)




Here are the old and new lights compared to each other, I spare you the scrolling up :)


A really inexpensive way to give your living space some modern feel with geometrical shapes...

Costs for both shades;
shades: 7,98
jewels: 4,99
gold spray paint: 8,99
Total: 21,96!!!


Would you tackle this DIY yourself?
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below ;)

Linked to:


Pudel - design

1 Kommentar:

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)