Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2016

I changed my mind again and again and again... too much grey paint ;)

Hello Lovelies, 
so like you read in the title. 
I changed my mind again...

On my kitchen color of course..:)
I am in love with some dark and bold colors lately.
This is due to a clients house I did last year.
And all the grey`s, the dark wood and black`s never left my mind.

So I decided to go crazy in the hallway...


This space haven`t seen a good amount of paint in the last 6 years.
So it was time, and why not go bold?!
I absolutely love the color. And I wanted to do a wall mural for ages.
So here is the sneak peek on that!


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some snippets of my projects.
Here I only need to hang the ceiling light and all is done.
Coming up post will be on my Hallway.

So I did not stop there with the paint action...

I went upstairs and tackled another project 
while the top coat on my kind of "Alice in Wonderland Roses" wasn`t even dry...

Here is the cute little dresser which moved from my bedroom to my little entry hall.
It looked nice so pretty and white in the bedroom 
but I thought it kind of blends in to the wall color here in the hall. 


Why did I move it? Because I am reducing my stuff big time as you may noticed through my posts. So I`m getting rid of clothes, furniture and stuff which does not serve me anymore and stuff I don`t find pretty. And this little guy will have a purpose too. In there I will store my kitchen towels and water bottles and potatoes and stuff. You get the idea...
That is because my kitchen is so small 
and my pantry is in my office and this will be some additional storage.

So I wanted to paint them for ages too and finally found the right color.


And as I was so caught up in my paint action 
my attention wandered to the open door into the kitchen!
And yes I decided to paint them cabinets too! ;)


And the busy little bee that I am, I tackled the walls too...
Yeah, nothing is save when I pick up my paint brush!


Wanna see how the kitchen looked like before? 
The last two years?
Here we go...


It is not, that I don`t like it or something, 
but I thought the light grey was overdue and in my opinion I had to clean it a lot!
And no one have time for that, right?
So, dark walls, dark cabinets, wanna try them ;)

And in one week I did three projects with the same paint color.
It is a very dark grey, a pretty anthracite. 
And because of that I have three new DIY posts for you.


Do you wanna know what bothers me though? 
I am blogging since 2010!
I did a hell lot DIY projects which involved a shit load of paint!
Some projects were featured over the freaking world... 
And still are my most viewed.
I was even published in a freaking magazine here in Germany...
Sooooouuu...
Why in the heck no paint company contacted me, ever?
I would be the perfect test candidate for so many paint brands and styles! 
For acrylics, because this is my favorite medium when I paint on canvas.
For furniture paint, wood paint, wall paint, for spray paints even!
Why the hell are you waiting?
Here I am, a blogger who is willing to try the heck out of your products and give a honest and pretty good review`s on them!!!
Supply me with paints and brushes and stuff, please...
So come on!!!
Where are you! ;)

Okay, was this a little too much? Hmm, I think not.

Good night my Luvs, till the next post! ;)


Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. Lydia, so you painted walls and cabs in the kitchen? Where is the AFTER pic???

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh Christine, you have to wait a bit... It is not all set up, the posts will come! ;)
      Kommt alles!

      Löschen
  2. Hallo Lydia.
    Ich vermute für die ausländischen Firmen bist Du nicht interssant, weil Du ja in Deutschland bist und für die deutschen nicht, weil Du auf Englisch schreibst - just a thought.
    Liebe Grüße
    Jennifer

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ja, den Gedanken hatte ich auch schon, bloß die Deutschen Verlage haben mich ja auch gefunden... Ausserdem schreibe ich ja zwischendurch auch mal auf Deutsch... Viele deutsche Blogger finden mich ja auch. Who knows...;)
      Liebste Grüße zurück, gehe jetzt mal deinen Blog durchstöbern. ;)

      Löschen
  3. Hi there, sorry it's been a while! Totally love the dark paint! Painted out bathroom black last year and love it.
    Und die Deutschen Firmen (Paint companies) sind einfach nicht so an Blogs interessiert. Finde ich schade.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)