Freitag, 11. Dezember 2015

The easiest DIY I ever made

Hello my Lovelies, 
today I just wanted to show you the DIY I did a few minutes ago.
The easiest thing I ever done ;)
I am sure waay behind it but I thought I give it a shot anyways...

With this whole marble trend going on right now
 I decided that I need at least one top at my home too.

So, I got to my local hardware store and bought some contact paper ;)
Yes, that simple, no talent or skills required for this project!
And the table in my bedroom, the one I found years ago at a thrift store, 
is the lucky guy who got the treatment.


The paint was a bit chipped, so I got out my ceramic kitchen top scrubber and scraped the paint of the edges. I was just too lazy to got me some sand paper;)

And than simply started to put the contact paper on the top.
I got this window squetshy thingy to smooth out the air bubbles. But there were none. And you will need an exacto knife to cut the shape, or edges, depends on the size and shape of your surface.


And here it is, the marbled beauty, can you tell if it is real?
at first I thought it was a bit dark, but it really depends on the lighting.


See? not that dark anymore, right?
I think about painting the round edge underneath with some gold?
Not sure about that...


Aand the pup is in the picture too, like always...:)


And with all the lights dimmed...


So fun and easy, I like my new table, and when I don`t anymore, 
I simply rip the foil off, clean the glue of the top and good to go.

So what do you think?
Have you fallen for any kind of trend lately?
Please feel free to comment ;)

Linked to:

Pudel - design

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)