Direkt zum Hauptbereich

DIY, new Sofa for my Studio! Made from three old wooden cribs! ;)

Hello Lovelies, 
I wanted to share today how I made a new sofa for my Studio.


I made it from 3 old wooden cribs.
My Dad is working as a facility manager
 at a couple of nursery homes and Kindergarden`s.
So from time to time he bring things back home and always asking me, 
if I want to keep some of the things.
And I do, sometimes.
Like this time, these beds were stacked in the garage for quite a time 
until I figured out what I wanted to do with them.


I used three headboards and one slatted frame.
Two of the headboards I used as the back of the sofa and I cut two round halves of the headboards to use them as armrests. And to close the gap between the backside of the sofa.
And my Dad got me two mattresses as well.



After I screwed everything together it looked like this.
See the armrests?

As I was deciding which color it would get I sew a mattress cower from some fabric I bought a loong time ago. 
And I put two big pillows I had left from my old Sofa from my living room.
So everything is reclaimed accept the new paint. ;)

Look who is also already loving it;)


Like a king on his throne;)

So here it is, everything put together.



After filling the drilling holes I started painting.



After one coat of anthracite paint.


And here it is after two coats and completely dried.
(You may have noticed, that I painted the walls too and put some molding up on the ceiling. I will show you the finished studio soon;))


Quite nice, right? So let`s throw on  the mattresses and rug.


Hmm, something is missing... Oh I know, some fun pillows and some pretty art.
LIke this...


Just again the corner before...


...amd after!
Tadaa!!!
Drumroll please...;)


Love the outcome! So cozy, fun, colorful and comfy;)
The wooden box on the right is for my cats, they always used to climb right into it.
So I put a blanket in it. 


This corner really evolved;)
Love it! 
So what do you think?
A friend told me I should build furniture more often and make a living out of it;)
Should I?
My point is, just build something with your own hands! 
You don`t always have to buy new stuff, 
just visit your local thrift store or some flea markets and use what you find to create something new.;)

Linked to:
Pudel - design




Kommentare

  1. Hello, I stopped by from Make it pretty Monday. Your sofa is fabulous! I love the colors you used and the gallery wall above too! Blessings, Cecilia

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment, Cecilia ;)
      Thank you, I like my new sofa a lot too.
      It is really comfy;)

      Löschen
  2. What a great tutorial on making your studio couch out of cribs. It always amazes me how clever people are. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! ;)
      I love to stop by look at all the talented people at your party!;)

      Löschen
  3. oh my goodness. What a transformation. I love the sofa and the art on the wall as well. You did such a good job.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow, super clever! Love how it turned out.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love what a dramatic change this is! So innovative and creative!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is super clever idea for a DIY sofa!
    Your studio is super cozy.I love little coral and yellow accents.Thinking about mixing these two colors with greys in my living room.
    Your cat is obviously the studio manager/owner/VIP ;)

    I hope you will share your post with our Link Up - Idea box:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/04/idea-box-thursday-link-party-5.html

    xx
    Mila

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much Mila!
      Oh yes my cat is for sure the boss ;D
      I would love to share my DIY with your readers! ;)

      Löschen
    2. Glad you stopped by! Your post has been featured :)
      http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/04/idea-box-thursday-link-party-6.html

      Löschen
  7. This is so cool. What a awesome idea.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Kitchen reveal;)

Some outdoor space inspirations...

The carpet reveal;)

DIY bubble chandelier from IKEA Lampshade!

Dreamy clouds and skies by James McLaughlin Way...

Just a quick comfort post;)

My dream studio...