Freitag, 27. Dezember 2013

Peace sign or DIY vs. Pottery Barn!

Hello Lovelies, 
I don`t know if you saw this sign at Pottery Barn.
But I fell in love I saw it the first time!
An I don`t know either if anyone already did this on their own.
But I thought I`ll give it a shot!

And it`s totally about time for a DIY vs. ... knock off;)



So the sign, Pottery Barn is selling looks like this;

11" wide x 54,5" high x 1" thick
Made of mahogany wood.
Distressed hand-painted finish.
Mounting hardware included.

And of course it`s sold out!



See?! I think it was about 129 bucks or something.
Too expensive for me.

This is what I used to made my sign:
 a plain canvas. 
Slight beige and red paint.
Tape, pencil. ;)
Not much huh?
And it was pretty easy, only 1 hour to made it, 
including the time it dried.


So draw your letters on the primed canvas,
I painted it with my slight beige paint first.
(If you are not this good at sketching, 
just print out the letters in desired size and simply copy them on the canvas)

And than start with your red paint, 
to fill in the shapes, 
don`t forget the edges of the canvas and the distressed letter corners.


This is how it looked after two coats.


Not bad right?

I wanted to get this mounted plank feel.
So I used the masking tape, to get the crisp lines on the canvas.



Simply use your beige paint to fill in the spaces. 
let them dry and you are done!


Can you spot the difference?


This was easy, right?
Now place your new DIY sign in a nice corner and admire your work;)

I put it in my bedroom, next to my reading nook.


Can you see it?







Total cost of this project was about hmm, 9€!
Because as an artist, I always have paint and some canvases around.

So what do you think?

Love to hear from you!;)

Linked to;
Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. that sign would look great on a porch. Love it!!! You saved some serious money.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You did a FANTASTIC job with the sign, looks just as beautiful as the Pottery Barn one! Beautifully done!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Woah! Das sieht toll aus!
    Der Tipp mit den beiden dünnen Linien für den Bretter-Look ist super! Den werde ich sicher mal nutzen, danke :)

    XO, Midsommarflicka

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow! It's fantastic! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hi, I hopped over from The Dedicated House. I love your peach sign and your entire bedroom is just so warm and cozy! I am pinning and happy to be a new follower. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's about sharing the things that make you happy. I'd love if you shared a post this week!
    hugs,
    Jann

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)