Freitag, 15. November 2013

Homemade gold glitter candles! A really sparkly & glittery post;)

Hello Lovelies, 
I think everyone loves a good DIY idea.
And making some candles was on my priority list for like ever;)
So this is what I did, 
I made some pretty sparkly, shiny, beautiful candles;)

I think no one on the www needs 
a new tutorial from me on making candles?!
And I don`t give you one.
I just show you the materials I used and the finished product.
Deal?
But if you need a tutorial, just search the web
(the two things I did different as showed in this tutorial were;
I haven`t used this amount on glitter and I melted my wax flakes 
in a water bath. But you can use a double boiler if you have one.)


If you wanna use porcelain, like me.
Wash the cups and sauces properly and get started!;)


See the materials above?
I only needed an half tube of the gold glitter, for 11 candles and 1kilo of wax flakes.


Let everything cool down overnight and cut the wick to desired length. 
And than admire you work...:)


I found my cute china at a flea market. 
9 cups, 1 sugar pot, 1 milk jug and six saucers for only 4 bugs!
and the wax costs me 2.
The total is 6 bugs for pretty and extravagant candles!;)



This little sugar pot is the best!
If you need to douse the candle, simple put the lid on it.;)



I think this is a pretty present for an advent calendar, 
or if you need a small, extra for someone special...



This milk jug is cute too...


They absolutely fit my christmas decor this year.
I want it red, gold and white with some lime green.
A little traditional this year.



Have you ever made your own candles?
How they turned out?
What containers have you used?
I `ll love to hear from you!

Linked to;

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. I'm so happy I found your great tutorial over at Tickled Pink. Your candles are beautiful and I just so happen to have several teacups I can use to make some as gifts. Thank you so much for sharing and blessings to you, Patti

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Found your post from the bacon time link party! I love this tutorial. I can't wait to try it!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh, they look wonderful glittery!
    But what I love most about your candles is that they're in old cups, pots & jars… I love old porcelain - wonderful!

    Love, Midsommarflicka

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. O, these are great...so so pretty...
    Over from Sunday Best.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Beautiful! Love the teacups and all the glitter! These would make for great little gifts! Beautiful! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I absolutely love this idea...so glittery and gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Love, Love, Love this idea!! Glitter candle china cups, perfect together! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned Link Party. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)