Samstag, 19. Januar 2013

Some slight changes in my studio...

Hello Lovelies, like I promised you in this post here
I will show you my drawing corner at my studio.
Where I also wrap and sign the paintings I`m selling,
and where I do the other mail, office stuff when I`m not upstairs at my office where I blog;)

And now it is ready, for me it is perfect.
I have storage for all my pens, and pencils, brushes etc.
For small canvases and frames, 
a big farmhouse desk where I can draw and 
a nice bulletin board where I can pin on my inspirational pics and stuff.
And a lucid chair;)
Oh I love my chair, with some fake but so so soft sheepskin on it;))

Here it is before, with the perfect table,
but with a 70`s BLAH!!! paint on it.


Yeah, I see, you remember;)

So what I did to this table, to look more suitable.
I simply stripped down the ugly glossy, blah paint and gave them 
a new, worn out farmhouse look, which I love.




After three coats of this weapon and some scraping 
I end up with this.




See the ugly spots?
First I thought I just gave them a coat of some wood glaze.
But than, ah come on I love driftwood, 
so let`s make them looke like it;) Again!
Remember this post, or this, or this one?
Same technique, same paint.
LOVE Milk Paint!

So I painted this table with one coat of Driftwood color 
and one coat of Buttermilk.
And this is how it looks after one coat,




and this here after two coats of Milkpaint and one coat of
semi gloss laquer.


And this is it, my new corner is finished.
Wanna see?
Here it comes...(from every angle)





SO what do you think?
Too orange for your taste;)
I promise you will see more of this color...
What do you think about the table?
Any suggestions?
Love to hear from you!

Linked to;

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

Mel Mac hat gesagt…

The table looks amazing! Orange is the color of adventure and social communication. The color orange is optimistic, sociable and extroverted. So yes, it's perfect for your space :)

Stephanie M hat gesagt…

Definitely not too much orange! I love how it complements the greys and browns to really bring your space alive :) great job on the update!

CatieAn hat gesagt…

What a pretty table. I think you did a great job. Orange is very pretty and if you love it who cares? I think it really adds a lot of warmth with the table.
NOw me, I would have that table loaded with all of my stuff. Ha

Jessica @ A Humble Creation hat gesagt…

It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing at A Humble Creation. What a wonderful place to work. I'm not quite brave enough to tackle a project like this yet, so I'm glad for your inspiration!

sew sweet vintage hat gesagt…

LOVE your stripes!!!!! New follow. Follow me back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html

megan hat gesagt…

Great job!! It looks great!! I LOVE the orange in the room! :)

Hayley @Texas Girl in Philly hat gesagt…

You did a great job painting the table! I just love everything about this space- the contrast between the rustic table and the modern chair and the stripes and pops of orange. I'm a new follower!

Lauren hat gesagt…

I love this room. Great style. I am hosting a new link party and would love it if you would link up.

http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

Christine hat gesagt…

What do I think??? I think I'm in LOVE and I need to move into your studio! Can I... please???

Thanks so much for partying with me last week at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you share tomorrow evening!