SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE!

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013

DIY fake driftwood panel star!

Hello Lovelies, 
shall we make some stars?
Some driftwood stars?
You will not need wood or hot glue or screws...
All you need is some cardboard, mod podge, duct tape 
and a wood printed wallpaper.
Yes that`s all.
Shall we begin?;)

Just print out a star shape, or draw them freehand, 
just use photoshop or something.
Like this one.


Than trace the shape on cardboard, 
or draw freehand.
If satisfied, fold in the middle of the jags and cut the lines, 
to get the star in shape.
After that, simple put duct tape on the gaps.
You don`t want a flat, boring cut out star, 
you wan to create a dimensional shape.
(Don`t worry at the end you won`t notice all the crinkles...)
Like this.


See?
If done so, use a big blob of mod podge and slash it on the
 backside of the wallpaper and on the duct taped side of the star.


Here`s the wallpaper I`m talking about...


Let everything dry an hour or so.


Cut them out of your wallpaper 
and simple fold your star.
Because of the duct tape it will stay in place.
Now you can lean them to the wall, book case or hang them...
Oh the possibilities...:)
Simple right?


And that`s it, now place them where ever you like...



Now you can match your driftwood paddle;)


I think I will hang the star next to the paddle.
So what do you think?
Like them?

Linked to:
Pudel - design

Kommentare:

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm hat gesagt…

Oh my! This is fabulous! I saw you over at That DIY Party and was just amazed! Great project. Happy to be be following you via GFC and looking forward to more!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation hat gesagt…

What a great idea Lydia! It looks beautiful and natural. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Creation's Monday Makeover.

Julia Konya hat gesagt…

As usual, I love it!

Jaime Lyn hat gesagt…

Beautiful!! And so simple, who would have thought! Thank you so much for sharing at the "Make It" party!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Christine hat gesagt…

I ADORE IT!!!! Sooo unique!!!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

Christine hat gesagt…

CONGRATS!!!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer!
Come over and grab your featured button... you deserve it :)
http://thediydreamer.com/from-dream-to-reality/features-52/

Lauren hat gesagt…

Hi Lydia. I am featuring your fake driftwood star on my blog today. Thanks for linking it up. This week's link party will be up in an hour. I hope that you will link up again. Thanks again.

http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

Diana - FreeStyleMama hat gesagt…

WOW! That is amazing how it looks like real driftwood! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Gail Wilson hat gesagt…

super tutorial! that star looks fabulous.

gail

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures hat gesagt…

I love it, thanks for the great tutorial. Saw you featured at My Repurposed Life.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot hat gesagt…

Looks wonderful!

great tutorial too.
via CCC, Pat

Heather hat gesagt…

I love the star. How do I subscribe to all your posts by email?

mista ben hat gesagt…

Very interesting idea, that star Looks beautiful. Super tuto!!

http://newwomensfashionstyles.blogspot.com