Freitag, 16. März 2012

From old window to a mirror, or DIY vs. Pottery Barn.


Hello Lovelies, 
I discovered these old windows and took them home.
I didn`t know how to use them, 
you never know when you maybe need something like this...
My hubby`s reaction was like;" Oh no, some more junk!";)


And today it hits me;)
How`s about a mirror...

Look at this gorgeous Pottery Barn mirror.
For 202€! :O


I exactly knew where I would place it.
I always had this bare space behind my
So I had to change that;)
See what I mean?


Looking really sad, right?

So I took my window and some wooden sticks, 
rom my hardware store.
A glue gun, a saw, black spray paint,  
and mirrored foil to my garage and the transformation begun.


After cleaning, I spray painted the sticks 
and the frame of the window black.





After it looked like this.



I started to measure the spaces, for the right length of the sticks.


Than sawed everything to the right length 
and located the sticks with some tape, to see if it works.


Removed everything, and the time for my mirrored foil has come;)



After the foil was applied 
I started to glue the sticks right on top of it,
like this...


Okay, are you ready for the reveal?
No more empty space behind the table!





The total costs of my DIY project were 3€ for the sticks and
10€ for the foil!
The windows were for free and the paint I had already here.
202€ vs 13€!
I think it turned out great;)

What`s about you?
You like my DIY?


Linked to:




Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. That's really neat! You're so crafty, I would never have thought of that!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. excellent new mirror!
    I've never heard or seen of this mirrored foil.
    it looks great and is super inexpensive.
    hmmmmmm - now to see where I can find it in Australia!
    have a great weekend.
    cheryl xox.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh, I just love it! It is such a nice addition to the room...great job! The black really works with the red lamp! Great Post! Hugs Loretta

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)