Samstag, 3. September 2011

Gold Tray...


Hello Lovelies!
Today I have a cute and really quick DIY idea for the weekend;)
I am sure you all know these cute little bowls.




I wanted to do something similar.
I didn`t polish the gold this much, it has a matte finish.
I`ve got some Design Metal Leaf in gold,  
Size for leaf metal and Shellac.




and an ordinary white ceramic plate.




Okay, now let`s begin;)
I used Scotch tape to create a little border, 
like in the pic above.
Than covered the whole plate with the Size for leaf metal,
let them dried for 15 minutes and aded the gold metal leaf.







When everything was dried I gave em a coat of shellac to
seal the gold.
I like the little wrinkles of imperfection in the gold layers.

And that`s how it looks right now on my coffee table;)



Like I sad before, I didn`t polish the plate this much,
I like this subtile, soft glow.
You can use them for what ever you want.
I use the plate as a tray for my candles.






How do you like this DIY idea?

Liked to:

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. These are great ideas! It really works well for both the plate and bowls. I'm going to try it! Thanks for the tip. Hugs!
    Loretta

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. That looks so simple. What a great idea. If you get a chance I would love you to link your gold tray up to More the Merrier Monday. It starts tonight and lasts through Wednesday. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Was für eine tolle Idee! :) Sieht klasse aus!
    Danke Dir für's Linken und für Deine lieben Worte!
    Ich wünsche dir eine tolle Woche!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Very nice. Love this idea. Your candle display looks great, too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. wow, Pudel! this is really beautiful. I love gold stuff kisses
    Carmen

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)