SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE! SUMMER SALE!

Sonntag, 7. August 2011

My own painted DIY "driftwood" table!

After I saw these pretty side tables,dining tables and coffee tables,
I decided that I need one too;)
And it would fits perfectly in my new airy space!




For this DIY driftwood painted table I`ve got this tones of Milkpaint.


I saw this paint the first time at Miss Mustard Seed.
Good for me this paint is available in Germany too.
Pretty easy to use and as I think the results are fantastic!

I bought along time ago this little side table and coffee table 
from IKEA.



Nice color, but not "drifted" enough for me;)
Here it is after sanding


and after the first coat of the darker paint.


I sandet it during the each coat.


Next to the table you can see the lighter paint.
I didn`t use so much water for the darker paint and used 
it like chalk to get the dark spots on the wood.


As you can see it here.


And that`s how your hands look like if you don`t wear gloves:)


NICE;))

Okay, here we go, that`s how it looks completely dried.





I really like how it turned out!
Here some little staged pics;)





How do you like my DIY?

Linked to:


Pudel - design

Kommentare:

Jacqueline hat gesagt…

It Looks great! I love the color of driftwood.

Megan hat gesagt…

Love it, what a great idea!

Krysta hat gesagt…

Thank you so much for stopping by to introduce yourself! I browsed around your blog and I love it! I am now a follower.

These are the Days
www.themoesfamilyintexas.blogspot.com

knack hat gesagt…

love driftwood milk paint....it is one of my favorites! Your table turned out great!

thanks for stopping by today!

xo

Seaweed and Raine hat gesagt…

This looks amazing! I love things beachy looking. I'm sure there was a bit of effort on your behalf. :)

Just Jaime hat gesagt…

Great look!

gail hat gesagt…

Your table looks fabulous! Your hand? not so much! hahaha
I love the color of the table.
gail

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper hat gesagt…

looks awesome! totally worth the dirty hands! :)

~Iffy~ @ StayAtHomeNation hat gesagt…

This looks amazing! I've never heard of Milk Paint-it turned out great, even if you got your hands all dirty in the process =) Thank you so much for sharing this at my Favorite Things Friday Party! I can't wait to see what you link up this week! My party is now live.
~Iffy~

Cat hat gesagt…

Love your *new* table ... it turned out fab!!!!

♥ Cat brideblu

{got to try that milk paint sometime :)}

The Accent Piece hat gesagt…

Love it! I didn't even know driftwood stain existed!
I'm your newest follower!

Carol@TheDesignPages hat gesagt…

That is amazing!! I can't believe you were able to go lighter but it still looks like wood. I didn't even know you could do that. I'm definitely keeping this in mind.

Chicago Web Designer hat gesagt…

Fabulous reworking of an Ikea table, liked it so much I have piined it onto a board at pinterest! Beach Decor. This is a new board I have just started for all things beach decor related

Susan @ sarasays hat gesagt…

Greetings to you! I found your blog from the linky party. I LOVE your kitchen, and driftwood pieces. They are to die for! So it doesn't have to be driftwood to get that effect? I am a follower. I love Germany. Lived in Heidelberg for 4 yrs!

Jess@Balancing The Dream hat gesagt…

great job!! i absolutely love this look!!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup hat gesagt…

That looks great! Love the color!

Inspire Me Heather hat gesagt…

Wow, nice job on your table - it's gorgeous! I've got this linked to my milk paint post too today, for inspiration!

Tracy Suzanne hat gesagt…

Wow, it turned out absolutely perfect! Great job!

marieclaudine hat gesagt…

Hallihalo ich finde das du diesen tisch richtig toll gmacht hast könntest du mir vlt eine email schreiben wie du diesen tisch genacht hast weil ich leider nicht do gut englsich verstehe lg Julia. Achso und fällst du zeit hast Kannst du mir bite eine Anleitung an diese Email schicke ?? Juljafab@hotmail.de :):)