Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011

New art for my living room a DIY story...


It was a really rainy day around here, nothing to do outside, 
so I decided to made a new painting for my living room;)

Here some proof for the bad weather;))
Look, really rainy, see all the water come`s down the sky lights? ;)


What should I paint...
I wanted one of these for a looong time, my own nautical piece of art, 
my own octopus.
So I found an old picture at The Graphics Fairy
and four blanc canvases around here and started to draw...


I used a beige brown as the base tone and gave them with a dark brown color a little aged look.
Than placed the four canvases nearby and draw the octopus on them.



Get the brushes and mixed the right colors...





So, here it looks pretty ready, but something is missing...


Yes, you`re right, the Name of this underwater monster;)
I took the latin name and printed the right size on paper and than traced it on the painting.




Than I get my sharpie and the ink pens and the name was right on the painting.


That`s how it looks in this stadium, pretty ready I think, 



than I put the varnish on the painting and thought about wall fixture.
How I get this baby on the wall?!
Look what I found;)
My hubby would kill me if he knew...
But he will find out and than it would be too late;)
A copper pipe, a small one, in our garage.


I measured, then saw them into 6 parts, measured, 
drilled the holes, measured again, and screwed them on the painting;)
My wall fixture is ready...


Okay, are you ready?!
Drum roll please!!!

Ta daaaaaaaa, 
that is my own, custom made, new art piece of a octopus;)
I think it would perfectly fit in our new living room;)






What do you think?!
Do you like em as much as I do?!

For more of my art please visit 

Linked to;

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. looks great! you have so much talent!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You did a beautiful job! I love sea life and have bits of it scattered all over my house. I am very impressed by your artistic skills!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love it! I want my own octopus, but it would turn out looking MUCH MUCH different than yours.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. WOW! This came out amazing! What a great idea to use the graphics this way...really beautiful, great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow! You are a very talented artist!! I am impressed with how your piece turned out. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Thanks so much for linking this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Very nicely done! Some of us cant turn something like that out as easily as you made it look =D Awesome job! I'd love it if you linked up to my favorite things party! Thanks
    ~Iffy~
    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I am your newest follower! Welcome friend!
    XoXo

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Wow, wow, wow!! This is so cool! You don't find octopus in many home artwork (at least not in the US) so this is very unique! Very good job!!!

    {mommy chic} design. style. kids. life.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Love it! It looks fantastic and I really like how you used the copper pipe. There might just have to be an octopus in my future too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Oh my gosh...this is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful job...can't wait to see more! I'm your newest follower...

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. You did a fantastic job. Truly a piece of art. you made it your very own.
    Fondly,
    Suz

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. I'm totally impressed. Fabulous. I'm sure you've seen the octopus triptych. For this guy, 4 parts are perfect.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Your talent is astounding! Kudos to you , it is beyond beautiful! I am your newest follower! I am at http://sesidestyle.blogspot.com

    Linda

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Wonderful, Great job and I would love it have it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. This is gorgeous. You are such an incredible artist. Thanks for linking to the party. I'll be featuring this later this week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Thanks for sharing this at my blog party Simply Creative! I love LOVE LOVE to look at your work! You are a wonderful painter!

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Wow! Ich bin mal wieder beeindruckt von Dir!!
    Vielen Dank für's Linken bei {nifty thrifty things}!
    Hoffentlich bis morgen! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. just found you today thru remodelholic!
    love this - absolutley brilliant!!
    i'm going to have to follow!!!
    hope you have a great weekend.
    cheryl xox.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Brilliant and beautiful! You have such talent!! Pieces like this truly make your style authentic! Thanks so much for linking up to the Authentic Style linky party at WhisperWood Cottage!

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Der Krake ist ja Klasse! Der dürfte bei mir auch sofort einziehen.

    Herzlichst - Katja

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)