Dienstag, 14. Juni 2011

Hidden Polar Bear Teacup;)

Hello Lovelies, have you ever saw these cute little Teacups?
Do you like them?





OMG! I want these cups,
all of them, there are three, a little owl, a cute little fox and a bear.
Sadly I can`t get them here in Germany, and they cost 21,95 $ each!!!
Without shipping! Come on?! About 70 bucks for teacups?
Nope, I think a new DIY is knocking on my door...:)

I´ve got these cute yellow cups around here, 
bought them at a flea market for about 1€.
Never new what to do with them until now...


I took them and paint them with white porcelain paint.
Than you have to put them in the oven for at 190°C
for about 60 minutes.
Than these babys have the right color and you can put them in the dishwasher.


I love polar bears as much as I love tea, and I had 4 of them;)



Than I glued the four bears to the cups.





Unfortunately one of the cups fell on the floor and broke;(


Than I took my three cups and some gold paint, and painted the
cup holders.




All you have to do now is put tea in your new
Hidden Polar Bear Teacup;)





How do you like it?
Do you love them as much as I do?!;)
The total cost of this DIY was about 8€, one for the cups and seven for the paint.
Everything else I had around here.

Linked to;

Kommentare:

  1. Adorable teacups, wie schön! I found your blog from CRESCENDOh, and I'm glad I did. Your work ist ganz toll (hope I spelled that right - still learning German) :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Danke for your comment on my blog, and so soon! My mother-in-law is from Germany, and it's been years but I'm finally learning German so I can talk with my husband's family better.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Pudel, meine Liebe! Es ist sehr schööön! Ich habe wirklich geliebt!!!!

    xoxo
    Carmen

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Lovely, great ideia !!
    your blog is genius :)

    santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. That is amazing! I've always wondered if it was possible to re-paint cups and plates and have them remain functional...porcelain paint, I have to get my hands on that one! Thanks for sharing!!

    http://365days2simplicity.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love what you do!! Thank you for joining me his week at the Simply Creative blog party at 365 days to Simplicity! Please join me every Thursday and we’ll party like it’s 1999!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Gott, sind die süß!! Adorable! :)
    Ich danke Dir für's Linken letzte Woche und hoffe ich seh mehr von Dir und Deiner Kreativität am Wochenende!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That came out really cute! Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Hallo Lydia,
    ich habe gestern Deinen Blog entdeckt und bin total begeistert :)! Ich wollte Dich fragen, welche Porzellanfarbe Du benutzt hast und wo es diese zu kaufen gibt.
    Vielen Dank und liebe Grüße, ich werde nun regelmäßig bei Dir vorbeischauen!
    Dina

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Hi, Ich Habe die einfache Porzellanfarbe von Hobby Line benutzt,
    gibt es in kleinen Glas Behältern zu kaufen, eigentlich in jedem Hobby Markt.
    Und einen Porzellan Stift zum ausmalen der schwierigen Stellen auch von der selben Marke.
    Ich hoffe das hilft etwas;)
    Frohes Schaffen!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)