Montag, 25. April 2011

DIY vs. Anthropologie!!! Buddha Heads

Hello Lovlies, look what I found at Anthropologie a while ago.
These Buddha heads are so pretty!
Love them at the first sight!
But really too expensive!

This time I saved my money and made a nice display myself...;)
My heads look a little different to the originals, 
but it wasn`t my intention to copy them.

*****

Schaut mal her, diese tollen Buddha Köpfe habe ich
vor einiger Zeit bei Anthropologie entdeckt, 
leider wieder viel zu teuer, deswegen habe ich mir gedacht,
 das kannst du selbst auch machen, 
allerdings sehen meine ein wenig anders aus.




I had a couple of Buddha heads around here, 
some different shapes and colors...


and this little guy here;)



These materials I used...



Some brown, white and clear spray paint, 
some small logs, plaster, three old crayons (spray painted them brown), 

I spray painted the heads all white, 
filled the heads with some plaster 
(just follow the instructions on the packaging),


(to put the crayons in it, to made this pedestal look).



Than drilled some holes in to the logs, 
put the crayons in it and spray painted them brown.


Than added them upside down to the heads
 and let the whole thing dry for about 24 hours.



I`m pretty happy how they turned out!
I wanted a nice crisp white look, (I love white).
And that`s exactly how it looks, 
little bit like white marble, or white sandstone.

But  take a look...:)





The best on this DIY project was, it costs me nothing!
Found everything here in my home...

Anthro; 96,-€ (the small one) vs. 0,-€ !!!


Great deal isn`t it?;)

*****

Und das BESTE daran ist, diese Köpfe haben mich nichts gekostet, 
denn die Sachen lagen hier zu Hause rum, alles war schon vorhanden;)


I hope you like it as much as I do;)

Linked to:

Pudel - design

Kommentare:

  1. They look fabulous! Isn't it amazing what some white paint can do?! Love the price too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The crayons are genius! Watch out! You and I are both wielding cans of spray paint...could be dangerous. Seriously, if I have spray paint int he house I will find something to spray it with!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Nice, I think yours look better than the Anthropologie ones! What a great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Sehr cool! Ich liebe kostenlose Projekte! :)
    Vielleicht hast Du Lust es in meiner Linky Party einzutragen? Würde mich freuen! {nifty thrifty sunday}
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. VIelen Dank für's verlinken! :)
    Ich "verfolge" Dich nun auch! Bin echt gespannt was ich auf Deiner Seite noch so schönes finde. Bisher gefällt es mir bestens hier!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Vanessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is fantastic! you have some major talent girl! great post.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. they turned out beautiful! I found those already made with the stand in ugly lilac and gold at the dollar store and just had to spray paint them white:-) Frohe Ostern nach DE!
    Cheers, sibylle

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Guten Tag.

    I like your heads better than the originals. They look more serene.

    I found your blog through Centsational Girl.

    All your DIY projects show real talent. Thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Way to go thrifty lady! These turned out great!

    Luvs!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Amazing! They turned out beautiful! Thanks for linking to Home Decor and Organizing Link Party.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Oh I love these. I am a big statute fanatic! I am your newest follower! Hope you stop by to see me. Your blog is way too cute!!

    http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/
    &
    http://nikkisniknacks.blogspot.com/

    ~Nikki

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Amazing !!! Love it!!! now I am going to on Budha head hunt lol!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. So chic! Fantastic DIY. I'd love for you to share this on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Humble-ABowed/120919047970619 :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. These are fantastic! I love how you spray painted old crayons and used them in the stands...so clever. Nice work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Great crafts. I wish I can also have one of these to put it in my office table. I already have a laughing buddha but i wanna bigger one. LOL....But hats off to the architecture.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
Viele Liebe Grüsse an EUCH alle!;)
***************************************
I LOVE to hear from you!
Lovely greetings to all of you my readers;)